Saturday 20 July 2013

Three Good Things - Week One

We're moving house soon (if all goes according to plan). This means I've been extremely busy recently. In amongst having too much to do, I want to note some good things as they happen. I've been wondering how best to do this. 

Then I spotted that one of my favourite bloggers, Liz from Margot and Barbara, has started a new weekly series of blog posts called 'Three Good Things' and she has encouraged her readers to do the same. So, without further ado, here are my 'three good things' from the last week or so.

1. New phone case
My new Harris Tweed phone case made by LifeCovers is utterly gorgeous and very practical. 


I bought it as a present for myself after getting rid of my iPhone contract and downgrading to a Nokia Asha 300 contract that will cost me £400 less a year. 

If you want to find out more about what I've done to reduce my annual outgoings, listen to this audioboo about How I've reduced my outgoings by £1000 per year.



2. Nearly finished '21st Century Boy' cross stitch
This Jolly Red '21st Century Boy' cross stitch kit is wonderful - I love the bright colours. I am very excited now the end is in sight and so is my little boy.


'21st Century Boy' cross stitch kit by Jolly Red

This is how it looked last September, when I first blogged about it:



3. Despicable Me
A couple of people recommended this film to me, so I bought it on DVD. We have all enjoyed watching it together, and my son was particularly impressed with the minions. Here is a snapshot of him wearing the free cardboard 'minion' glasses that came with the DVD.




1 comment:

  1. I love this post - my kids and I are HUGE Despicable Me fans too. I;m coveting your phone case and - given my financial circumstances, I'm keen to listen to the Audioboo...

    I'll be linking back to you in Week Two of Three Good Things ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and will reply to as many as I can