Wednesday 31 July 2013

Radical Reward Charts (review)

This is my son's new reward chart from Radical Reward Charts. They sent me one to review, and so far we are very impressed.

Radical Reward Chart - Reedy River design
Radical Reward Chart

I had been wondering whether a reward chart my be a useful way to encourage my son to do the things I want him to do more of - like trying new foods or getting dressed without too much messing about. 

He will be 5 next month, and doesn't really understand money yet, so a monetary bribe doesn't work. I don't really want to give him sweets or small plastic toys. Stickers are enthusiastically received but tend to get stuck on his t-shirt and then end up in the washing machine. So I looked at the reward charts in high street shops but I found them a bit dull and uninspiring.

The Radical Reward Charts look a lot more fun. My son chose the lovely Reedy River design, which has a blue border and goes well with the blue decor in his bedroom. We have stuck it on the side of the chest of drawers so that you can see it as soon as you walk in the room.

One of the things that is particularly appealing about Radical Reward Charts is that they are designed to be used with a laminated photo of your child to act as a moving piece to move up the chart. This is much more exciting and motivating than obtaining stickers on a conventional reward chart.

My son starts his journey up the Radical Reward Chart

We received a free Radical Reward Chart and laminated photo for the purposes of writing this review. This would normally cost £14 including postage and packing. All words and views expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. We have one of these and love it too. It really does work and my son talks about his constantly and even though he's only 4 he's even doing things then saying to me, Mummy that means I going up to number x on my reward chart. He is so excited as he's getting a BEN 10 thing when we get's to 20.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear that you're finding it useful too - I look forward to reading your review

      Delete

I love reading your comments and will reply to as many as I can